Terms & Conditions
for applying for the Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam
- Candidates applying for the (“Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam” or “test” or “exam” or “examination”), conducted by Pearson VUE are advised to go through the Terms carefully, understand the same, and thereafter apply for the test. A "Candidate" is one who registers for Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam for possible admission into a programme at a college or university in India
- The Candidates must acknowledge at the time of registering for Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam, that they have read the Terms (including any amendments hereto). In addition, on the registration dashboard, the Candidate will be provided access to the Terms and Conditions for review and acceptance. In order to be admitted for the Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam, each Candidate must agree to the Terms by clicking “I agree” when prompted following such Candidate’s review of the Terms. The Candidate will not be able to access the Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam registration portal and/or receive other necessary information to take the Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam prior to agreeing to the Terms. Clicking the box making that acknowledgement will be deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions (including any and all amendments hereto that may be made prior to a Candidate appearing for the Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam) and the undertakings provided therein and form a valid and binding contract relating to Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam. The role of Pearson VUE is limited to administering the Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam and declaring the results for the same. It is specifically understood that Pearson VUE is not an educational institution nor is it required to take any approvals for conducting these examinations.
- Only 1 (one) registration can be made per Candidate. Duplicate/multiple registrations by the same Candidate are liable to be rejected and the registration fee shall be forfeited if the Candidate registers multiple times and/or has taken the Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam under different registrations. The same may also lead to the cancellation of the Candidate’s scores. To help ensure that Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam scores represent the true abilities of all Candidates, Pearson VUE implements a series of test-security protocols designed to minimize possible cheating and to detect cheating if it occurs. Candidates must strictly follow all testing rules and obey instructions provided by the Test Administrators/Proctors on the day of the test. If cheating is suspected, Pearson VUE will investigate the matter thoroughly and reserves the right to forfeit the registration fee of the Candidate and disqualify and revoke the score of the Candidate, without the possibility of a retest or other recourse. In order to deter cheating and to detect cheating and / or any other misconduct if it occurs, Pearson VUE (and/or its affiliates) and/or any other party acting on behalf of Pearson VUE (and/or its affiliates) shall, during the online proctored test, capture and record the Candidate’s photo, Video and audio; perform facial comparison, monitor gaze detection and identification validation.
Prior to the test date
- Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam is a Computer Based Test (“CBT”) with one hundred and eight (108) Multiple Choice Questions on verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, abstract reasoning and 1 essay question. The time allotted for the test is 130 (One hundred thirty) minutes, with no scheduled break built into the exam. Only correct answers count towards the score; there is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
- For online proctored Tests, Candidates must fulfill the system requirements as per the instructions clearly presented on the Pearson VUE scheduling system as well as the screens that have links / prompts to check the system requirements in order to take the Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam. It is candidate’s responsibility to ensure the system requirements are met for a smooth exam experience. In case these minimum system requirements are not met, the exam may not start and/or Pearson VUE will not be held responsible for not being able to deliver this exam.
- For Online Proctored Tests, Candidates must download and run a test application which is an executable application file to be provided by Pearson VUE prior to the Test Appointment. Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam via Online Proctored mode can only be accessed via this application.
- Candidates need to register online for the Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam at the Website during the registration window notified from January 11, 2021 to June 30, 2021 or any other dates that are notified as the registration window, on the ‘Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam Website. Pearson VUE shall not accept registrations from Candidates in any other mode or form.
- Registration completion and payment acceptance confirmation will be sent by electronic mail only. Pearson VUE shall not be held responsible for non-receipt of confirmation emails due to incorrect email addresses entered by the Candidate or due to any technical problems. Candidates can access this confirmation in their registration application dashboard as well.
- Candidates must ensure that the information submitted by them is correct in all respects. In case any information is found to be incorrect at a later date, Pearson VUE shall have the right to prevent the Candidate from taking Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam and/or cancel the test score and inform the institution(s) receiving such a test score from Pearson VUE, which decision shall be taken by Pearson VUE in its sole discretion. In the event of the cancellation of the score due to incorrect information provided by the Candidate, the registration fee paid by the Candidate will not be refunded.
- Candidates are required to upload their photographs as per the specification provided on the registration Website. Candidates failing to upload a photograph enough to authenticate the identity of a Candidate or failing to adhere to the specifications provided on the Website will not be able to receive appointment confirmation email and will be disallowed from testing.
- There is no provision for on-the-spot registration for Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam on the day of the test. Candidates must follow the prescribed registration process published as part of the Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam announcement on the Website during the registration window.
- The online application form filling process allows Candidates to save the form without submitting it. Candidates should carefully verify the information entered in the online application form and note that once a form is submitted, the Candidate cannot make any change to the form.
- A form is considered complete and valid and the registration is considered to be completed, only if submission is made and the registration fee is received by Pearson VUE along with the documents and required information specified on the Website, by the due date. Registration forms for which the registration fee is not received in time will be rejected outright and Pearson VUE shall not entertain any queries with respect to the same.
- FEES: Candidates can register for Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam by paying the Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam registration fee INR 1800/- (Indian Rupees One Thousand and Eight Hundred Only) or such other registration fees notified by Pearson VUE from time to time) plus GST, payable by various online methods. For the last date of receipt of payments, Candidates are advised to check Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam Website for details. Registration fee will be accepted only through the specified methods. No offline method (i.e. Cash, Demand Draft or Purchase Order) are available.
Refund of registration fee
- No refund of Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam registration fee will be made by Pearson VUE for any reason.
- All applicants who complete the test registration, pay the registration fee by the prescribed date, and follow the published test rules may take Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam. It is the responsibility of the Candidate to understand the eligibility requirements of the universities/colleges/schools to which he/she is applying before deciding to register for the Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam. If the Candidate registers for the test and then determines that he/ she is ineligible for admission to the university/college/school of his/ her choice, no test-fee refund will be available. For the eligibility requirements of universities/colleges/schools associated with Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam, please visit the respective websites of the respective institutions.
- In addition to the instances set out under these Terms wherein no refunds will be provided by Pearson VUE in relation to the registration fees, no refunds will be issued to Candidates who:
- 18.1. fail to appear for a scheduled test;
- 18.2. fail to meet the identification and appointment confirmation email requirements on the day of the test;
- 18.3. fail to meet or violate these Terms and Conditions or Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam test rules and policies;
- 18.4. arrive late at the testing centre or login late for Online Proctored Test than the scheduled time on the test date;
- 18.5. make multiple registrations;
- 18.6. provide incorrect or misleading information and/ or documents;
- 18.7. engage in cheating/ malpractice; and/or
- 18.8. have their scores cancelled as a result of misconduct.
- 18.9. unable to take the test due to the Candidate’s inability to comply with the computer system requirements for online proctored Tests.
- Candidate understands and accepts that Pearson VUE may change the examination dates for Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam and no refund of the examination fee will be provided to Candidates in such cases.
Applicants with disabilities
- Pearson VUE is fully committed to complying with the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 and the rules and regulations made thereunder, as amended from time to time for Candidates with documented proof of impairment(s).
- Candidates who wish to request special assistance must fill the details in the online application while registering and scan and upload their disability certificate within the application in order to be considered for special assistance. Once a form is submitted, no request and/or certificate will be accepted, and the Candidate may have to take the test without any assistance despite their special status.
- Candidates requiring scribe/reader will be required to submit the scribe details on a prescribed format. Candidates must arrange scribe/reader on their own as per the guidelines set out by Pearson VUE on Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam website.
- Each application will be reviewed on a case-to-case basis. Pearson VUE will contact the Candidates to ensure that proper assistance is provided to them at the time of the test. In case it later transpires that the Candidate did not fulfil any of the laid-down eligibility criteria or suppressed material facts, the registration and score of the applicant will stand cancelled, irrespective of the result of the written test, in which event the registration fees will be forfeited.
- Pearson VUE reserves the right to make final decision regarding assistance for testing.
- Any Candidate who provides a false disability certificate shall be barred from taking the test and the registration fee shall be forfeited. Pearson VUE, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate authorities against such Candidates.
Test centre change/rescheduling or cancellation of exam
- No request for cancellation of the test will be entertained. A candidate can reschedule his test not later than seventy-two hours before the time when the test is scheduled. A candidate can reschedule his test up to two times within the specified timelines.
Test results reporting to Candidates
- Test results will generally be available on the Candidate’s registration dashboard. A score card will be available for download only for 2 (two) months from the date of announcement of results. Any requests for the score card after such period can be made by way of email to be addressed to contact information on the Website, and such score cards shall be made available subject to payment of additional fees, which shall be specified at the time of the request.
Day of the test
- Candidates are required to reach their assigned test centre or login for online proctored test, as applicable, before the reporting time indicated in the Appointment scheduling confirmation email. Any Candidate reporting or logging in after reporting time will not be allowed to test. NO REQUESTS FOR EXCEPTIONS WILL BE ENTERTAINED IN THIS REGARD. The test will start at the exam start time mentioned in the Appointment scheduling confirmation email. Apart from scribes and readers for disabled Candidates, persons accompanying the Candidate will not be allowed into the test premises, and no waiting area will be provided. For Online Proctored Test there should be no one except the candidate in the room where candidate is taking the Test.
- The Candidate must carry and show a valid, original, non-expired ID proof to the test centre or Online Proctored Test Administrator as specified in the Appointment scheduling confirmation email.
- Candidates will not be allowed to take the test and shall not be offered a test-fee refund in following conditions:
- Candidates who are unable to produce valid ID (non expired and in original), as set out in the appointment confirmation email; or
- Candidates whose first and the last names on the ID do not match with the first and the last names entered in the registration form.
- The test Administrator, after checking the ID proof and performing other check-in measures with the Candidate, will guide the Candidate to the Testing Room only if everything is found to be appropriate.
- For Online proctored Tests, Candidates are required to log in for their test appointment no later than the time indicated in the Appointment scheduling confirmation email. The test will start at the exam start time mentioned in the Appointment scheduling confirmation email. After entering their log in credentials at the time of their Test Appointment, the Candidate must use their web camera to click a photograph of themselves holding up their ID so that it is clearly visible along with their face. The online proctor, after checking the ID of the Candidate, will activate the Candidate’s test. Online proctors shall have the right to exclude Candidates who fail to follow the testing rules and procedures or fail to show proper ID, which decision shall be final and binding on the Candidates. Only registered Candidates who comply with the minimum system requirements will be permitted to take the Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam.
- There are no scheduled breaks included in the test. Any break taken by the Candidate will mean that he/she will lose that much time from the total testing time allotted for the section and will be treated as an unscheduled break.
- Candidates must adhere to the Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam policies, rules and regulations and directions or instructions provided by Test Administrators/Online proctors at all times.
- Test Administrators/Online proctors shall have the right to exclude Candidates who fail to follow the testing centre/online proctored test delivery rules and procedures, which decision shall be final and binding on the Candidates.
- Only registered Candidates with their appointment successfully scheduled and carrying required identification documents with them will be permitted to take the Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam.
- The Candidate must not carry any articles such as cell phones, smart watches, beepers, calculators, pens/pencils, notes, dictionaries, blank sheets of paper, arms, etc., as only the IDs in original, and water are permitted in the testing room. All other articles must be left outside the testing room at the Candidate's own risk.
- Any attempt to impersonate, to copy test answers from another Candidate, to provide test answers to another Candidate, to carry any prohibited item into the test premises, or to indulge in any other malpractice during the test will not only lead to immediate or later revocation of scores but may also lead to prosecution. Detection of any such malpractice at any stage, including after the Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam is conducted, may lead to disqualification and revocation of scores by Pearson VUE. Under such circumstances, disqualification and revocation of a score may occur without the possibility of a retest and the registration fees of such Candidate would be forfeited.
- The sanctity, integrity and fairness of Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam is of utmost importance for Pearson VUE. Candidates are hereby informed that the commission of any act or omission by a Candidate, which would, in the sole discretion of Pearson VUE, adversely affect, compromise or jeopardize the same would be treated as misconduct. Without any prejudice to the generality of the above, the commission of any of the following practices would be treated as misconduct:
- 39.1. contributing, receiving, disclosing, discussing, accessing, sharing, disseminating and/ or putting in the public domain (in whatsoever form or capacity), whether directly or indirectly, the copyrighted and confidential material of Pearson VUE or its affiliates and/or questions of previous years while being a participant/member (active or passive) of, or being otherwise associated with, any platform or group, including but not limited to Google Docs, WhatsApp, Twitter, Coursera, YouTube, Facebook, Yahoo Groups, LinkedIn and all other online chatrooms – blogs, chatgroups, etc.;
- 39.2. creating, contributing, disclosing, receiving, sharing, discussing, disseminating and/or accessing documents or files, containing the copyrighted and confidential material of Pearson VUE or its affiliates including the questions of previous years on any platform, including through WhatsApp, Google Docs etc.; or otherwise discussing or disclosing directly or indirectly any test content (including the copyrighted and confidential material of Pearson VUE or its affiliates) via text message; e-mail; in any internet “chat room”, message board, or other forum; or otherwise participating in or becoming a member of any such group found to be indulging in such objectionable practices, whether over a physical medium or over the internet/telecommunications medium.
- 39.3. using a mobile phone or any other electronic device aside from the one on which Candidate is taking the Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam;
- 39.4. communicating with anyone except the test administrator/online proctor during the test;
- 39.5. speaking aloud during the test;
- 39.6. allowing your face to leave the web camera’s view during the online proctored test;
- 39.7. leaving your seat for any purpose during the online proctored test;
- 39.8. attempting to run any software application aside from the Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam test application during the online proctored test;
- 39.9. accessing any prohibited materials during the test;
- 39.10. copying or attempting to copy the test materials or record the screen during the test;
- 39.11. connecting or disconnecting any external storage devices from Candidate’s computer during the online proctored test;
- 39.12. disconnecting the web camera during the online proctored test; and / or
- 39.13. such other practice that is misconduct according to Pearson VUE at its discretion
- If at any stage, a Candidate is found to have indulged in any misconduct, including but not limited to malpractice, cheating, unethical behavior or violation or breach of the Terms, Pearson VUE, in its sole discretion reserves the right to initiate appropriate actions and sanctions against such Candidate, which may include, but not be limited to, one or more of the following:
- 40.1. revocation of test scores of Candidates (including interim suspension and/or withholding of the scores of the Candidate);
- 40.2. notification to Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam Associated Colleges/Universities;
- 40.3. disqualification for future tests of Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam;
- 40.4. forfeiture of registration fee;
- 40.5. initiation of any other proceeding(s) or action(s) against such Candidates as available under applicable law, including but not limited to, actions/prosecutions under the applicable laws for injunction and/or damages.
- 40.6. The decision of Pearson VUE in this respect will be final and binding upon the Candidate.
- The Candidate hereby irrevocably undertakes and confirms that he/she understands that –
- 41.1. The scores obtained by a Candidate on the Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam will have no relevance for admission in any foreign university, outside India. Furthermore, Candidate acknowledges that eligibility standards for admission to Associated colleges/universities are determined solely by each of such colleges and not by Pearson VUE. Candidates are responsible for confirming that any college/university to which they intend to submit Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam score accepts Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam scores as a criterion for admission.
- 41.2. While Pearson VUE shall endeavor to provide the test centre and time chosen by the Candidate, he/she understands that the examination centre or test time chosen by him/her may be changed and a centre in a different city may be allotted to the Candidate. The Candidate shall accept the same and shall not hold Pearson VUE accountable for non-allotment of the chosen examination centre. Any travel expenses that may have to be incurred by him/her for taking the examination will be borne by the Candidate and no claim for any reimbursement shall be sought from Pearson VUE.
- 41.3. Pearson VUE is responsible only for conducting the Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam and it holds no responsibility for requisite approvals, consents, or permissions of the concerned regulatory authorities for the education institution/university/college for conducting the relevant course, which the Candidate shall ascertain from the concerned institution/university on his/her own.
- 41.4. He/she will not hold Pearson VUE liable or accountable for any issues relating to admission/course for which the exam is being conducted.
- 41.5. He/she will not violate any privacy policies or security policies of the Website being used by the Candidate.
- 41.6. He/she will not reproduce for distribution to any other parties any of the copyrighted materials relating to the Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam, whether in electronic or hard-copy format.
- 41.7. The information and documents provided by him/her to Pearson VUE are true, accurate, complete, and are not misleading.
- Any links provided to third party websites, or information supplied about third parties (third party information) on the Website is supplied as a convenience. Linked sites are not under the control of Pearson VUE; and Pearson VUE is not responsible for any third party linked sites, the contents of such sites, any use of the same, or for third party information. The inclusion of a link or third party information does not imply endorsement by Pearson VUE of the linked site or third party information, any organization or person associated with the linked site or third party information, or any products or services offered or marketed through the linked site or by the third party.
- Pearson VUE will not be held responsible for late or non-delivery of any material or information sent by it through electronic mail and/or post to Candidates or universities/colleges.
- Pearson VUE shall in its sole discretion take a decision to not allow any Candidate to take Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam or not release the test score in case the online payment received from the Candidate is repudiated
Transfer of Information:
- By registering for Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam, the Candidate gives his/her consent for personal information. (with the exception of the debit/credit card and other financial information) to be collected and/or transmitted by, Pearson VUE (and/or its affiliates) to its affiliates, Associated Colleges and universities and/or institutions. By registering for Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam, the Candidate also gives his / her consent for personal information to be collected and transmitted by Pearson VUE (and/or its affiliates) and/or any other party acting on behalf of Pearson VUE (and/or its affiliates) to Pearson VUE (and/or its affiliates) and/or any other party acting on behalf of Pearson VUE (and/or its affiliates) for the purpose of enabling the Candidates to successfully register for the Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam, and for making requisite arrangements for the Candidates to take the Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam. This information is collected and transmitted so that the Candidate can be registered/ and assigned a test centre/schedule for Online Proctored Test, receive an Appointment confirmation email, appear for the test, have his/her test scored, and receive a score card. Additionally, the Candidate’s score and other personal information (with the exception of the debit/credit card and other financial information) may be transmitted to Associated colleges/universities in the service of those colleges’ student recruitment efforts. In addition the Candidate who has opted for online proctored tests also gives his/her express consent for the capturing, recording, collecting, storing, handling and transmitting of the Candidate’s photographs/video/audio during the test; and for performing a facial comparison, monitoring gaze detection, identification validation and/or automatic processing of their information by Pearson VUE (and/or its affiliates) and/or any other party acting on behalf of Pearson VUE (and/or its affiliates) to Pearson VUE and/or its affiliates and/or to any other party acting on behalf of Pearson VUE (and/or its affiliates).
Other Transfer of Information:
- In addition to transmitting certain personal information about the Candidate by or Pearson VUE and other parties as set out above, Pearson VUE may disclose personally identifiable information in the following situations:
- 46.1. In response to a subpoena, court order, or legal process, to the extent permitted and required by law;
- 46.2. To protect Candidate security or the security of other persons, consistent with applicable law;
- 46.3. To address actual or suspected fraud or other illegal activities;
- 46.4. In connection with a sale, joint venture, or other transfer of some or all of the assets of the company;
- For purposes of validating test and user integrity and security, we may take audio and video recordings of test Candidates in a testing centre. Further, the Candidate acknowledges that such audio- and video- recordings of test Candidates collected at a testing centre may be used as images by Pearson VUE and/or its affiliates for marketing and advertising purposes. By registering for Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam, the Candidate gives his/her consent for transmission of personal information in situations outlined above.
Information received from Internet Service Providers through the Website:
- This Website receives information that is automatically generated by a user's Internet service provider (ISP). This information may include the IP address (a number automatically assigned to a computer by the ISP), the associated URLs, domain types, the browser type used to access the Website, the country, state and telephone area code, the location of the ISP's servers, the pages of the Website that the user views, any search terms entered on this site, and the user's website address and email address. This information may be collected for system administration purposes, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on the site. Pearson VUE does not link IP addresses to personally identifiable information; however, reserves the right to link IP addresses and other information supplied by the ISP to personally identifiable information in order to protect the integrity of its system and for security purposes.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India, without effect to any principles of conflict of laws.
- Subject to the provisions relating to Dispute Resolution below, all disputes and differences of any kind whatsoever arising out of or in connection with these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts at New Delhi only, to the exclusion of all other courts/legal fora.
- Any and all disputes and/or differences that may arise as between a candidate and Pearson VUE arising out of or in connection with or in relation to the Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam and/or the Terms shall be exclusively submitted to arbitration under the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996, as applicable, and shall be adjudicated by an arbitral tribunal comprising a sole arbitrator to be appointed by mutual consent of the parties. The arbitration shall be conducted in English language and the decision of the arbitral tribunal shall be final and binding on the parties. The seat of arbitration shall be New Delhi.
- Any notice or other communication to Pearson VUE shall be provided in writing at the address mentioned on the Website. In case of any complaints to be submitted to Pearson VUE, Candidates may write to the address mentioned on the Website. Any notice and communication to Candidate shall be made on the email address provided by the Candidate at the time of registration for Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam.
Amendments to the Terms
- Pearson VUE reserves the right to make amendments to the Terms at any time. It is your responsibility to read the Terms and check for amendments on a regular basis. The amended Terms will be set out on the registration site and the Resources page of the Website for your perusal and will also be communicated to you on your registered email as at the time of such amendments. The amendments to the Terms become effective no sooner than 24 (twenty four) hours after they are set out on the Website. However, amendments made for any legal reasons will be effective immediately.
- If any provision of the Terms is deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that provision will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining Terms.